Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama the Icon

I was delighted to see that the inauguration of Barack Hussein Obama as the 44th President of the USA went off without a hitch, well almost.

I highly suspect that Obama's presidential oath was memorised, yet the guy who conducted it appeared to get his words all mixed up.

What impressed me was the calm demeanour of Obama at what could have been a real embarrassment. However this small issue ended up as nothing more that just a bit of a mix up, possibly aided by the cold Washington DC air.

4 million people attended they reckon? that's the entire population of New Zealand!

Obama as an Orator is simply a champion. The way he commands the English language and delivered such a rousing speech is nothing short of genius. To be honest I never thought I see anyone as good as Winston Churchill (before my time of course) delivering such inspiring words to a population but in my opinion, Barack Obama is right up there with the wartime British Prime Minister.

As I was watching the speech I couldn't help but think about the Frederick Forsyth book "Icon" and the theme where is says that Russians need an Iconic leader to take them into a prosperous future.

I would say that this is true of many countries and Barack Obama as an "Icon" of American leadership alone may deliver such prosperity for the future. The fact that he is also an experienced politician may be just a bonus!

About OBAMA, From the Whitehouse.gov

Barack H. Obama is the 44th President of the United States.

His story is the American story — values from the heartland, a middle-class upbringing in a strong family, hard work and education as the means of getting ahead, and the conviction that a life so blessed should be lived in service to others. Read More >>


Muzzerino

No comments:

Post a Comment