Sunday, June 7, 2009

What Should I Blog About?

I have been blogging for almost 10 months now and I love it, in total I have 3 blogs which I give serious attention to, my Widescreen Wallpaper blog, Science Fiction blog and this blog.

After reading more and more about blogging (most recently on John Chow's website) and how to get the most from it, including readers and adsense earnings I have realised one simple truth. You really need to blog about one subject area or 'niche' which you are passionate about.

Now this is where my problem comes in, my other 2 blogs fit this criteria perfectly but this one (muzzerino) seem to be a bit of an anomaly.

I have blogged about the Beijing Olympics, Tattoo's, NZ Politics, IT reviews, why The Moon is Upside down in New Zealand and once I even blogged about Broccoli !

So where to from here? should I simply retire this blog and start over? or should I simply weed out the posts which are odd and try and confine this blog to a niche?.

One of the things I do love about blogs is that you can simply write down whatever you are thinking at the time, be it political, whimsical or stupid.

In any event, I will keep this blog going and use it maybe as a dumping ground for whatever pops into my head, in the meantime I will see what else I am 'passionate' about and make a new blog on it...

Watch this space

No comments:

Post a Comment