Monday, March 22, 2010

Wordpress Comment Discarded. Why am I not surprised?

Why am I not surprised?

I have never been quite able to put my finger on it, but I think one of the reasons why I have never really taken to Wordpress is that it seems to have the vibe of that smug, superior mac user thing going on behind the scenes. You know what I mean, they are the guys who never to to the pub, they only go to the trendy cafe.

This is quite a lot to discern from one simple thing, but I feel now is the time to write it down.

I just visited a blog which uses Wordpress and attempted to leave a comment. After writing for a few minutes I hit the submit button and what did I see?

A white page with the word 'discarded' at the top left hand side. No explanation, no apology, just 'discarded'.

This is extremely annoying.

I read up on it and apparently there are Wordpress setting which will cause comments to be 'discarded' if the post is more than 30 days old.

How the hell is a visitor supposed to know this? Or do all Wordpress users have some kind of internal process which informs them of such things in advance?

I know I am bathering (blethering) but has anyone else had this type of vibe from Wordpress?

I certainly hope so!

Muzzerino.com

No comments:

Post a Comment