Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Aotea Web Hosting : Fair Go.

Maybe any publicity is good publicity but from what I just watched on TVNZ's Fair Go Episode tonight, the guy who runs Aotea Web Hosting ( www.aotea.net ) in the UK seems to be a very good example of someone who seems to think that a business relationship is purely one-way.

Their way.

This rang so many bells for me, I have been in NZ for 6 years since moving from Scotland and although I have seen amazing customer service here, I have also seen some incredibly blatant and offensive attitudes from those people who rely on customers for a living. Do some people simply have no sense of self preservation? or are they maybe a little 'cuckoo'?

From Fair Go... In a moderate letter, Sue Meadows complained to Aotea Web Hosting Ltd, a British based firm which has been on Fair Go before, that she'd asked to end her contract with them, yet they continued to bill her.

In response, she received 25 phone calls in 12 hours from Bruce Clarke, the New Zealander who owns the firm. Several were extremely abusive, threatening, and used foul language. He told her" We will see you go down. You will be named and shamed." He described her as a "F...... coward."


I have used only one NZ webhost (Openhost) since I moved here and they are excellent. Thank god I never used Aotea Web Hosting. Thanks Fair Go for giving me and many others the heads up about the nastiness that goes on behind the scenes in this company, I for sure wont ever be using them.

Read more at TVNZ >>
Read More at Canz SEO >>

Muzzerino

No comments:

Post a Comment