Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is Vista Really That Bad ?

I have been running Windows Vista for over a year now and I have to say, I think its great!

There is no doubt that it is a bit of a dressed up version of Windows XP but its a hell of a lot tidier. Improvements such as the fast indexing, scaleable thumbnails, windows photo gallery and the simplified Start menu are nothing but good things I reckon.

I have heard a lot of bad press and many people have been moaning about things such as the approval pop-ups (made fun of in the MAC adverts) but I am happy to make sure that nothing will execute itself on my precious PC without my say-so.

I really like the Aero glass interface and flip-3d feature and I do admit they are a bit gimmicky but I do actually use it. I had to upgrade my PC to run it, but my PC was getting on a bit and I had to do so anyway since my graphics card was a piece of shit. My AMD Athlon +3200 processor is the only thing holding it back, if you can say that for I still get a score of 4.1 for it. Not too bad.

One thing that many people do not seem to realise is that unlike the MAC operating system, Windows can be customised in anyway you see fit. This also means that many people install a load of crap on their machine and this can make it suffer.

The thing I like about Windows in general is that it is fast. A Windows 'power user' knows all of the shortcuts to be productive and I am one of them. People are always slating the evil Microsoft empire but until there is a real alternative to Windows (I hate Mac's) then I am sticking with it.

Muzzerino

No comments:

Post a Comment