Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Apple Mac's are SHIT!

The eternal Mac vs PC debate rages on and with the release of Windows 7, I am sure there will be many a blogger denouncing the Mac and defending the PC and vice versa.

I have an open mind and I am willing to accept that there must be something good about MAC's otherwise people would not buy them, right? One thing is for certain, many people love fashion and the good folks over at Apple have cashed in on those people who simply cannot be seen in public with a laptop without a glowing Apple symbol on the back of it.

Every time I ask a MAC user why they love their MAC they respond with 'its just so easy to use!'. This is a valid point. Then I ask 'what do you actually use it for?'.
99% of the time, the answer is 'Um, well I check my email, surf the web and look at photos'.

Wow.

I guess what I am actually saying is, the vast majority of people who use MAC's are simpletons, but there are a few who use it for very good albeit singular purposes such as video editing with Final Cut Pro, or sound mixing with Garageband.

I use my home PC running the much lambasted Vista SP2 (64bit). I have a 2.0ghz (not much) AMD Chip, 4gb of RAM and a fairly respectable 256mb video card. On any given day I multitask between Photoshop, Premiere, Firefox, Winamp and Powerpoint.
  • I am a power user.
  • I am very productive on my PC.
  • I can customise it any way I like.
  • Its costs half the price of the MAC and it goes twice as fast.
  • It is not a fashion statement, nor would I want it to be.
I am a PC user because I actually use my PC for something.

The term 'MAC user' is a bit of an Oxymoron because I swear, a huge percentage of them are not actually used, but instead are left in the corner of the living room as a symbol of how sophisticated the owner is.

MAC? you can keep it.

'Hello I'm a mac' 'and I'm a PC!'

Macbook Wheel : New Technology reported by the Onion.


Mac. Nobody gives a shit.

This is a Mac, it will never fall on its side. Nobody dies on a Mac.
you always have steady speed and it does not let you
customize so you don't ruin it. Anyone can drive a Mac.

I have never heard the argument said better. Mac's Suck

No comments:

Post a Comment