Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle and the one who rolled her eyes

It was absolutely amazing to see Susan Boyle was able to win over the skeptical image conscious crowd that this girl embodied so well with this facial expression as Susan Boyle walked out.

You do NOT want to be this girl right now.

I wonder if she even knows that she is bearing the brunt of the attacks on Facebook. I became a 'fan' of Susan Boyle on Facebook and soon I realised that people were using it as a launching pad for attacks on this girl (pictured) by creating another group with the description...

"This girl represents the horror of prejudgemental behaviour and should now feel like a douche. This group is not picking on just this one girl, more using her reaction to the idea that someone who is not glossy magazine beautiful could desire to be a professional singer, to highlight the unacceptable prejudices in society"

The thing is, I reckon there were plenty more 'rolling eyes' elsewhere in the audience and from the viewers at home when Susan first stepped onto the the stage but unfortunately for this girl, ummmm she was filmed doing it. Doh!

Once upon a time, I reckon I would have rolled my eyes too, most probably when I would have been in my teens and I reckon that's probably how old this girl is anyway so I reckon, ummm as much as it pains me with my vengeful "fuck you" attitude.....

lets leave her alone

In the final analysis, Susan Boyle has let the world know for maybe just a little while, that you should ever judge a book by its cover. That we should drop our all important image conscience veneer for even for a little while and realise that beauty is only skin deep and that real beauty lies on the inside.

Good luck Susan Boyle, I truly hope that you will be the huge success that you have always dreamed of.

Muzzerino

No comments:

Post a Comment