Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Dawn

After 8 years of George W Bush running the worlds most powerful and influential nation, it appears as though a new dawn has broken.

The fact that an African American has been elected to the highest office in the US and indeed the world is nothing short of a major historical triumph and although I am not American I do hope that the country that many people look to as a beacon of freedom and liberty can once more adopt those qualities for all to see.

I have to admit, seeing Barack Obama being elected was inspiring and it did change my view toward the US, at least for the moment. Hopefully the new US President will take his country in a direction other than the downward spiral that George W Bush has left for him.

People all over the world have been celebrating, almost as if they are colonies of the Great US Empire. If the US is indeed an Empire, then I would much prefer Obama to be the head of it.

New Zealand goes to the polls this Saturday to choose a new Government, I will be voting for a Party that, like Obama would be for Social change. But ironically I suspect that this small nation will gradually slide over to right, while the US goes left.

Muzzerino



Muzzerino

No comments:

Post a Comment