Saturday, October 3, 2009

David Tua v Shane Cameron

What a fight!, it was short, but amazing!

I had the bright idea last night of going to watch the boxing 'fight of the century' at my local pub in Devonport. Turns out of course that they were not showing it because Sky TV had the bright profiteering idea of charging $1,500.00 for any pub which wanted to show it.

I decided to try my luck in Takapuna but the only pub showing it there was the Sin Bin and lets just say, they were at capacity. There was about 50 people waiting outside on the off-chance that they might get in and I joined them. Of course, as the time ticked toward the kick off at 10.15, no-one was getting in except a few choice VIP's and those people who knew the bouncers.

I figured, well I can watch through the window and stay outside or, I can try my luck...

Lets just say about 30 seconds before the round 1 bell sounded, I got my pint of Tui and turned to watch the fight on the big screen and I need to thank the 2 guys who helped me out. I could not thank them at the time, because it would have drawn attention but I figured I could at least thank them on here.

Cheers guys, for making my trip to Takapuna worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment