Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Ceremony, Fake Fireworks

When I was watching the Opening ceremony last week, I was in awe of the overall show, it was amazing. The fake fireworks did catch my eye good CGI, but for some reason it did not bother, or surprise me. I am an avid Science fiction viewer and a huge fan of visual effects, I can spot a good one from a mile away.


Maybe there is so much fakeness going on these days in the world that it just doesn't bother most of us in the west, although I see many people are talking about it as if it is a scandal.

What interests me most though is that many people saw it as real. This makes me ask the question, what other things do people believe when they watch TV? News reports, documentaries, indeed anything can easily have some faked / staged footage thrown in but 99.9% of people will probably think its real.

Keith Quinn said it @ TVNZ

Convince people of what they are seeing on their TV and you have lots of influence over them.

Aw well, if more people watched Sci-fi, the world would be a better place anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment