Thursday, October 2, 2008

Broccoli

Yes I know this is a wierd one but I have to bitch about it.

Broccoli, yes Broccoli. Its easily my favourite Vegetable. Now I don't know what the hell is going on with world Broccoli prices but here in New Zealand, Broccoli for me has become a luxury! That's right Broccoli is a goddam luxury!

At my local supermarket in Devonport, Auckland they have been charging $5.00 New Zealand Dollars for one measly little head of Broccoli. Yes, you heard correctly FIVE BUX! Thats about $3.28 (USD) or £1.86 (GBP)

I don't know what the hell is going on but someone out there has surely become a Broccoli millionaire and raking in the cash. I would love to know why Broccoli has become so expensive!

Me and the missus have taken to going to the Asian supermarkets instead where we can get some Broccoli for around $2,50 a head if we are lucky and other veg which is generally cheaper.

I will be walking right past the Broccoli stand for as long as they are charging more than $2,00
per head.

Grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment