Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cheers to : The Auckland Link Bus

This is the first post in what I hope will become a series of "cheers to" articles of stuff that I really like.

When I say stuff I really do mean "stuff", it can be anything at all... I already have some more lined up in my head but here is number 1.

Cheers to the Auckland Link Bus

I don't often ride the bus since I love my car, but recently I took a wee trip on this one, its such a relaxing way to get around Auckland, only $1.60 flat fare and the bus has flat panel screens with a plethora of useful information.

The Link Bus goes around a loop in the central city, taking you past all of Auckland's major attractions such as Parnell, Newmarket, Karangahape Road, Ponsonby, Victoria Park and the Central city. The Bus has priority at traffic lights and there is a bus every 10-15 minutes.

The on board screens tell you about what the next stop is, what attractions are there and it even gives you the latest headlines, weather and on-board bus cameras so you can see whats outside from different angles. It also has an in built GPS so you can see exactly where the bus is on the map.

The link bus is awesome!

Cheers to : The Auckland Link Bus.

www.linkbus.co.nz


No comments:

Post a Comment