Thursday, October 23, 2008

First Acting Performance

Well, tonight it a big one for me, its the first time I will have acted in front of an audience since I was in a Primary school play when I was about 10 years old. (20 years ago!)

I know my lines well and I reckon it will be cool, but still bloody scary !!

The play is called "Two weeks with the Queen" and it tells the story of an Australian boy called Colin Mudford who is sent to live with his Uncle and Aunt in London after Colin's younger brother Luke is diagnosed with Cancer.

Colin believes that while in London he can get the Queen to loan him her best Doctor who can surely cure Luke's Cancer so he decides to break into Buckingham Palace.

Its a great story with a nice mix of serious and comedic tones throughout it.

I am playing the role of the Australian Dad, the English Uncle an American Tourist a Posh English Businessman and a Scottish (male) Nurse.

Instead of breaking a leg I shall follow my own little piece of wisdom

"remember yer bloody lines!"

No comments:

Post a Comment