Friday, October 24, 2008

First Acting Performance : The Result

Well, after a couple of mixed up lines and a great deal of fun intermixed with some moments of sheer terror, the whole thing came off without a hitch and the audience loved it!

The first two scenes for me were the hardest, the anticipation of when the curtains would open to reveal us to the audience was difficult to bear. My colleagues however helped me a great deal and we managed to calm each other down a bit.

When the curtains opened we launched into it and the lines started to flow, although I could feel a little bit of shakiness in my own, I think I managed to say them without sounding like a complete idiot. There were moments however when even though I knew exactly what the next line was, I got some kind of "mental block".

Suddenly I would completely forget what the next line was and a pang of terror would rise up from my chest like a volcano, only to be extinguished almost immediately when the line would come back to me a moment later.... ( this was not good for my nerves )

Overall the whole experience was amazing, terrifying but amazing and although I was desperately looking forward to the whole thing being over and done with, when it finally was, it felt a little sad. There was backslapping and congrats all round, a couple of glasses of wine then that was it.

All over.

When's the next one?

No comments:

Post a Comment