Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer Heights High

This Australian show finally got aired in New Zealand last week and I love it!

It has definitely been inspired by other shows such as "the office" in its mockumentary format and its completely non-politically correct humour.

Nothing wrong with that, in fact I think the more non-pc comedy can get, the better the world will be if we can all make fun of each other equally.

I love being able to take the piss out of everyone, including myself without having to worry about offending someone, Summer Heights High does this well and quite rightly doesn't give a crap.

Mr G (Camp Music Teacher) Ja'mie (Posh Private School Girl on exchange) and Jonah (Rude, Pacific Islander Bully) are the shows 3 main characters all amazingly portrayed by Australian comedian Chris Lilley

Australians make some great comedy ( not as good as British but....) and this one is up there with the best.

I will be watching Summer Heights High with enthusiasm and I am so glad that yet another great comedy show is born to challenge the tripe coming in from the states. :-)

Check out the Summer Heights High Website at ABC.com.au


Here is a Clip of Mr G teaching Drama.

Check out this clip of Jonah


Images are copyright of ABC Australia, if anyone has a grump about copyright, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment