Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Microsoft will Suffer: Google Chrome

Now don't get me wrong, I am typing this on a PC running Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit and I love it, but its great to see other companies offering items that Microsoft doesn't need to monopolise.

Lets face it, those of us who use Mozilla FireFox (only 10% apparently) know damn well that Internet Explorer Sucks, it has even tried to catch up with FireFox by introducing tabbed browsing. Sorry Microsoft but FireFox is light years ahead.

But what have we here? Google is introducing its own Browser. Google Chrome.

Sounds interesting! But do we need yet another Internet browser? maybe Google is intending to tie together all of its web based tools, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Docs, this list keeps going into its own browser. If so then I suspect another monopoly is on the horizon, or maybe its already here?

I have been using Google Calendar and I love it, I have also switched from Yahoo (premium) to Gmail (free) and I have dabbled a bit in Google Docs too and I like that it seems to be rivalling ( at least in a basic way ) Microsoft Office.

So whats the catch? is it just that if millions of people use their stuff that they can advertise to those millions of people? if so then I consider that a small price to pay.

Google is amazing and revolutionary as far as the web goes, no doubt about it, I hope they do not evolve into another Microsoft, by closing up their software and demanding high prices for new products.

I like Microsoft Windows, I like Google on the web, and I love Open Source Mozilla and Open Office instead of paying high prices for Microsoft Office.

I suppose we will have to wait and see where Google goes, but so far I am loving all the new stuff!

More Reading about Google Chrome:

No comments:

Post a Comment